As a member of The Worldcom Public Relations Group, the world’s leading global partnership of independently owned public relations firms, we are proud to share our most recent Confidence Index. Worldcom’s Confidence Index (WCI) captures insights from more than 54,000 CEO and CMO leaders from around the world. This most recent report for the “pandemic period” looks at the nine months between April and December 2020 and reveals the impact of the worldwide health crisis. Key areas of focus on the minds’ of leaders include:
- Using Technology to innovate and collaborate rose to the #1 spot in the nine months since the pandemic began, but back in April, leader confidence in technology was at an all-time low.
- Retaining talent was the #2 topic for leader attention, with a focus on retaining their best talent at a time when many people are reassessing what they want from work/life.
- Upskilling and reskilling employees with team-related issues seeing a marked increase from business leaders.
- Engaging with environmental and sustainability issues, which more than doubled with a 104% increase in engagement by global leaders, including such topics as reducing plastic waste.
- Concentrating on influencers and customer relations with a surge in leader attention and engagement with these audiences greatly increasing since April.
With 143 offices employing some 2,000 staff in 115 cities across six continents, Worldcom is afforded access to many of the world’s most influential CEOs. This global intelligence and robust data help to inform smarter, more strategic programs for our clients. I hope you find both insight and inspiration in this recent report.